February 17, 2016

IONI Cosmetics Lipinphatuation Matte Lipstick Review and Swatches

IONI's Lipinphatuation matte lipsticks are, according to me, the most underrated lipsticks ever. They deserve so much love, yet I don't see many lipstick lovers raving about this product. I would actually go out of my way and say this is one of my favorite lipstick formulas. Read on to find out why I think this deserves a spot in every woman's makeup bag!



These lipsticks comes in crayon form. You take off the cap, and apply straight from the tube. They come in a twist-up format so you don't have to sharpen them. Just twist the bottom to reveal more product! The cap shuts pretty tightly, so you can pop it in your bag and go out without worrying about lipstick smearing everywhere inside your bag.

The formula is the best I have ever tried. The lipsticks are very creamy and go on smoothly without much dragging or tugging. Matte lipsticks are usually drying, but this crayon is extremely moisturizing and gives you the matte lip look without the dry feeling that usually comes with matte lip products.

Color payoff is great. These are actually buildable, so you can apply a little bit for a hint of color, or apply more layers to get a more opaque finish.

There is no scent in these. This is a good thing because drugstore lipsticks usually have a horrid chemical smell. I did detect a very light creamy scent once or twice though.


The lipsticks come in around seven colors. I have five of them. I have been using Savannah for quite a long time. Savannah is the best neutral pink matte lipstick I have ever used. It gives my lips a rosey my-lips-but-better color and I just keep reaching for it! Winterberry does not give full color payoff, which can be good or bad depending on what your expectations are. Burlesque is a dark reddish brown which looks deep red in the tube, but actually comes off more brown. I just purchased Roselily and Blaze today, so I can't exactly comment on how they look on the lips.

There are two things about this product I didn't like. First, the twist-up mechanism can get wonky, causing your crayon to fall out. This happened with my Savannah. I'm guessing it's just up to luck whether or not you'll face this problem. Second, these lipsticks can melt a little in warm weather, causing messy application.

I purchased all of mine from Almas (Dhanmondi) for the low and affordable price of BDT 290/- each.

Overall, I would say the pros outweigh the cons. If you're into the matte lip trend and want something matte but moisturising, go for these! I would highly recommend the Savannah shade for everyday wear, but go ahead and pick up one, two, or all of them. They're amazing and you probably won't regret your purchase!

2 comments:

  1. I needed to buy lip crayons and came accross this post and now I know what to buy. This is a very wonderfully written and informative post. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to more lip-product related posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This means a lot to me. I'm glad my review helped you decide. I'll try my best to keep posting reviews regularly! :)

    ReplyDelete