September 29, 2016

Beauty Bakerie Lip Whip Review (Versailles)

Beauty Bakerie honestly has the cutest concept, website, and products. The liquid lipsticks look like they came straight from a candy cane shop. I was intrigued to try a lip whip out after seeing users vouch for them on Reddit, and decided to pick one up.

beauty bakerie lip whip review

The packaging is luxe, that much I'll give them. The bottles are made of frosted glass, with an ongoing spiral running up the tube. The handle is matte mint. The boxes are super cute too. Beauty Bakerie tends to change their packaging often, so my tube may vary from yours.

The liquid lipsticks don't have any distinct scent. They just smell like regular liquid lipsticks. No cake scent here. Disappointing since they are supposedly from a Bakerie.

Now on to the formula.


beauty bakerie lip whip versailles

The formula is insanely drying. It literally sucked all the moisture out of my lips. The finish was leathery and transfer-proof. Not the most comfortable formula to wear. It went on smooth, and was easy to spread, but dried my lips out badly.

When it comes to wear time, the lasting power of this is unrivaled. You could put this on, eat a greasy dinner, fall asleep, and wake up the next day with the liquid lipstick still on! This lasts and lasts, almost like it's glued onto your lips. The formula does not budge, crack, or flake.

This is crazy difficult to take off. I had to scrub repeatedly with olive oil on cotton balls, but it just wouldn't come off! My lips were scratchy when it was finally off. There are lip whip remover wipes available if you plan to buy many of these, but I will not be purchasing the wipes.

I really like the skinny brush, it makes application easy and more precise. You may need to use one dip for each lip (top and bottom) though.

beauty bakerie liquid lipstick review

Versailles is a lilac pink with some mauve. It's an interesting colour and is much lighter than I expected it to be.

beauty bakerie versailles swatch

If you're looking for a liquid lipstick which will last beyond 8 hours and will not come off even if you eat greasy/oily meals, you will love this. But I'm someone who only goes outside for a short time, so enduring such a drying, uncomfortable formula and then having to come home and scrape it off is just not worth it. I will not be buying more, hence no lip whip removers for me. I might just purchase a red for weddings and other special occasions where I may need to eat, but again, the chances are low. This is one liquid lipstick I'm actually scared to use!

If you would like to buy some, you can get them for 2550/- at Shop Online, or at https://www.beautybakerie.com/ for $20 each.

Let me know if you own or are planning to buy any Lip Whips from Beauty Bakerie in the comments, on Instagram, or on Facebook. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment