September 13, 2016

Lipland Lip Crayon Review (Kerrina)

I found the brand Lipland through Instagram. I love matte lip crayons, so I was delighted when I saw they had a line of retractable ones. When I went searching for reviews, all I found were reviews from people who got the products sent to them, and had affiliate codes to get a share of sales made through their endorsement. I wanted to buy 5 at once, but decided not to since I didn't know how they would perform, what with the lack of user reviews. I ordered just one in the shade Kerrina because it looked absolutely gorgeous. 

lipland lip crayon review

The packaging is really pretty. The matte lip crayon is housed in a long gold tube. The box was wrecked a little during shipping. The lip crayon has a round top which turned flat with use. It is difficult to get definition using the flat top. I would have preferred a pointed or slanted shape.

Kerrina is a nice rusty pinky peach-nude with red tones. The colour is beautiful, and I figured if the colour looks good, I can deal with a bit of dryness.

The crayon smells incredible, like vanilla and chocolate.

And the packaging, shade and scent are where everything good about this product ends.





lipland kerrina

The formula is very dry and drying. These do not go on smooth, and tug on the lips. Layering is difficult. The formula literally sucked all the moisture out of my lips. My lips looked dryer than ever when I had this on.

The first time I tried this, I had difficulty applying it, so I used some Farsali Rose Gold Elixer on my lips, let it set, then applied the lip crayon. The second time, I applied it straight to my lips to see if the result was the same. My lips were in a very good condition the second time. Both times, my experience remained the same.

As I applied it, chunks of it were already disappearing. I didn't think much of it, and just re-did the spots with lip colour missing. I took selfies and greeted guests, and checked my lips after about 25 minutes. Wow. Entire chunks of lip colour had flaked off my lips. You can see in the picture below the spots the colour flaked off from and left my natural lip colour showing. Thank the Lipstick Lords I hadn't stepped out with it on. I hadn't eaten or drunk anything, nor had I touched my lips much.

The second time I used it, just for the sake of giving it a second chance in case oil had something to do with the results, the outcome was even worse. More lip colour had flaked off, and my lips were parched!

I'm guessing these are very low quality, and given the fact that these cost as much as a MAC lipstick, I find these to be a gimmick, with popularity relying solely on Insta-famous people's use of them.

lipland lip crayon honest review

I purchased mine for BDT 1850/-. The website price with 25% off (almost always valid) is $13.49 plus shipping.

I wouldn't recommend these at all. If the formula is horrendous, what good is the product anyway? I suggest skipping these and opting for dupes like Savannah from IONI. I will not be purchasing any other shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment