February 25, 2016

Burberry Lip Velvet Long Wear Lipstick in Military Red Review and Swatch

Even though liquid lipsticks are all the rage right now, every woman needs a traditional classic red lipstick in her makeup collection. Although I love my Ruby Woo to death, Burberry Military Red is a lipstick that comes off as uniquely beautiful to me.

Burberry's Lip Velvet line boasts a matte velvet finish, smooth feel, and long wear. But does it live up to its claims?



The formula is absolutely magical. It is more gel-like rather than creamy. The gel formula helps the lipstick glide on smoothly and gives a plump lip look. It also moisturizes the lips without being tacky or sticky. If you love the matte lip look but can't stand super dry formulas, this lipstick might just be your perfect fit! My lips feel plushy and hydrated for hours.

The color payoff is amazing. The lipstick delivers full coverage in one layer. What I love about this lipstick is, since it has a gel formula, I can dab a little bit on and spread it all over my lips for a sheer, less vibrant red lip. This is especially great if you want a pop of color on your face without going full-on bold.

I love the packaging. The tube is heavy and has that high-end feel. It has a magnetic closure, which is always a plus. The lipstick itself has the signature Burberry pattern imprinted on it.

The lipstick lives up to the long wear claim. I find this lipstick lasts and lasts, and leaves behind a red tint on your lips. It can even be hard to take off with an oil-based remover sometimes!

The lipstick has a very strong rose scent. I'm not a fan of the rose scent most high-end lipsticks have, but if you dig it, you will love the scent. However, if even the slightest scent bothers you, you will probably not like this lipstick much.


What bothers me about this lipstick, other than the scent, is the formula is a little too smooth. Since it glides on easily, it is also very easy to end up with messy or uneven application. You may accidentally glide the lipstick outside your lip line. This can be fixed by using a lip liner or using a lip brush to apply.

I definitely do recommend this lipstick and will probably get a mauve shade soon. I have had this lipstick for two years, and have used it often. I love the formula, but I stay away from it if I'm in a hurry, because application can get messy.

Burberry Lip Velvet is priced at $34. I got mine from Nordstrom.com. Be sure to check out their selection, you might just find a shade you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment