September 9, 2016

Dior Lip Glow 004 Coral Review

I am an avid lip balm junkie and enthusiast. To treat myself, I really wanted to try a high-end lip balm, and got sucked into getting the Dior Lip Glow because of the super chic packaging. The tube is what caught my eye. I then found out this changes colour once on the lips. EEK! My mind immediately went to those weird colour changing "mood" lip balms which turned into an absurd, ghastly shade of fuchsia when applied. I still wanted to see what the hype was all about, so I got myself the Coral shade, because my lips are naturally very pale, and I have forever dreamt of having luscious coral pink lips.

dior lip glow review


The box is the usual silver Dior packaging. It has the details of the product in different languages. The back of the box reads:

The must-have balm from Dior Backstage that lastingly enhances lips and brings out their natural color. With its Color Reviver technology, it reacts directly with the humidity level of the lips for custom color to match any skin tone. Enriched with wild mango, its balm formula hydrates, smooths, and softens lips. Fresh, full, and flushed with natural color, lips seem revived from within. Wear alone or as a primer beneath lipstick. 
The full name of this product is Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Awakening Lip Balm. It is priced at $33.

dior lip glow coral

The tube is mostly plastic. The cap as well as the silver part of the tube are made of plastic. I don't really care because metal would have made it too heavy to carry around, if that makes any sense. For example, if I were stepping out with just a small clutch in hand, I wouldn't want to fit a heavy tube like the YSL tubes in there.

The lip balm looks a scary orange in the tube, but comes out transparent when applied. I initially thought the orange colour would just transfer to my lips and that's what would give my lips colour, but thankfully the product is not that deceptive. It goes on clear, then changes colour.

To retract the product, you have to twist the round handle on the other end of the balm.

dior lip glow before after
Before and After

Formula and Results:

WOW.

The balm went on very smooth. It had just enough stickiness and tack to help it stick to the lips and not bleed, move around, or melt around the lip lines. I LOVE the texture of this, it's the perfect lip balm texture; just the right amount of stickiness, tack, wetness, and thickness. I love the balance!

The balm smells divine, like citrus mint. The smell fades, unfortunately, but applying this truly feels like a dream.

Immediately after application, the balm changed colour. I did not expect much of a difference, and thought this would just turned out to be a gimmick, but nope. I got the most stunning flush of warm rosey pink colour. My lips looked bigger, plumper, healthier, and more nourished instantly. They feel soft and smooth. The balm is glossy, but not weirdly so. It gives just the right amount of "glow" to the lips.

As for moisturising properties, it is indeed very moisturising and hydrating. It is comfortable to wear, and doesn't feel annoying at all.

The colour lasts long after the balm has worn off. It actually tints my lips, which is great. Reapplying does deepen the colour a little, but not too much.

dior lip glow coral review

I am blown away by this product, and am honestly so glad I took the plunge. This is well worth the price. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this when running errands, going out for a short while, or even at home. Using it is truly a luxurious experience, and applying it makes me happy. I highly recommend this, and will be repurchasing when I run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment