May 18, 2016

Summer 2016 Glossy Red Lip Edit

The sun is shining bright upon us, and it's time to bust out our bright, glossy lip colours!

This is Part 1 of my Summer 2016 Lip Edits, and in this post I'll be mentioning some oldie-but-goodie red lip glosses and balms I love. These lip glosses and balms are not new to the market; they are simply some of my all time favourites and must-haves for Summer!




1. MAC Lipglass in Russian Red ($15): This lip gloss from MAC is very pigmented. It is easily the most pigmented red lip gloss I own. I love this because I can just place three dots of this gloss on my lower lip and rub my lips together to get the perfect red glossy stain on my lips. I sometimes layer this over MAC Ruby Woo lip liner if I'm going for a bold look or want more lasting power.

2. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Exces ($37): This is my favourite high end red lip gloss. It gives my lips a sheer wash of warm red colour. This gloss is not sticky. It does not last very long, but I absolutely love the colour, rose scent, and applicator, so I don't mind reapplying. This is perfect for days when you're going for a glowy, no-makeup makeup look but still want to wear red on your lips.

3. Maybelline Baby Lips Color in Tropical Punch (Rs 175/-): This lip balm is from the Baby Lips Spiced Up collection by Maybelline India. This is more of a cinnamon red and looks gorgeous on my warm brown skin tone. It smells spicy, kind of like cinnamon, and I love it! This lip balm packs a punch when it comes to colour payoff. It's very moisturising too, which is a plus. This may be difficult to get your hands on if you don't live in the Indian subcontinent, but it's totally worth a try if you have access to it. They have two other shades, but I love this one the most.

4. YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Cherise Desir ($37): Now I know I gave these balms a thumbs down in my full review, but I did say I would be using this particular shade up, and what better time to enjoy it than Summer? I'm excited to use this as a gloss because the colour is simply beautiful. This smells very fruity and is the perfect "fun" Summer lip gloss. Granted it's pretty pricey, but since I already have it, I might as well use it! If you want something similar but don't want to dish out your dough, you'll love the lip balm I'm going to mention next!

5. Nivea Fruity Shine Cherry ($3.28): I saved my absolute favourite for last. I cannot go one Summer without this lip balm. You know that product you start using at a certain time of a year, and then associate the product with that certain time? This product is it for me. Every other Summer, without fail, I purchase a tube of this. I picked up my first tube in 2009 and never looked back. I used Labello Star Fruits Cherry back then, and later switched to Nivea Fruity Shine (now A Kiss Of Colour, I think) when they started making the same product under their own brand name. This gives a beautiful flush of colour, contains very fine microsparkle, and is very moisturising. The scent is that of cherry flavoured cough syrup, which I actually happen to like. I also like the smell of petrol, but I digress. This is shiny if you apply more than one swipe, and gives a sheen if you apply just a little bit. If you haven't tried this and don't have an issue with artificial cherry scents, I would suggest picking it up from a drugstore at your earliest convenience because you will love it!

Top to bottom: MAC Russian Red, Chanel Exces, Maybelline Tropical Punch, YSL Cherise Desir, Nivea Cherry.

If you enjoyed my Glossy Red Lip edit, stay tuned for my Glossy Pink Lip edit, which will also contain a good mix of high end and drugstore glosses and balms. Have a great, bright, and joyful Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment