May 22, 2016

Worth The Hype? Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette Review and Swatches (WOC)

I managed to snag the Too Faced Peach Palette from my favourite beauty store. They brought in just one piece and I called them up and asked them to keep it on hold for me (which they actually did. Nice people!). Read on to find out my thoughts on the palette, and if it's worth the hype!

The highly coveted Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette


The Too Faced Sweet Peach palette was part of Too Faced's Summer 2016 collection.

The eyeshadow palette comes packed in cute tin packaging. It does not feel cheap at all, and is very well-made. The palette is heavy and sturdy. A mirror is included.

The palette smells like - you guessed it - peaches! It has a sweet peach candy scent, which I love. Once it's on the lids, I can't smell anything, I left this in my room the day I bought it and my whole room smelled like peach ice tea. Yum!

The palette contains only three "peachy" shades and the rest are just neutral. There is one olive, one plum, one violet, and one deep navy shade included. These are not "out of place" since the olive represents the peach leaf and the purple shades represent various shades peach nectar turns as it ripens. There is a black shade included.

Arm Swatches of the Eyeshadows

Review of Individual Shadows:



As you can see from my ratings, the eyeshadows in the palette are not consistent in terms of texture and colour payoff.

The Good: Nectar and Luscious are my favourite highlight shades. I love Caramelized as an everyday lid shade. Among the neutrals, other than Caramelized, I like Cobbler, Puree, and Summer Yum. Delectable is one of the darker shades that I find works well.

The Average: I gave Georgia a low rating because it does not show up on my skin, but it applies well and gives good colour payoff, so this is a shade you'll like if you have very pale or very dark skin. Bellini is very pretty as well, but the prettiness doesn't translate too well onto the lids. Bless Her Heart looks olive in the pan, but actually comes out a pale shimmery shade of light green, which is very similar to Luscious but with some olive colouring. Peach Pit looks pretty good on the lids, but I wouldn't say it's "amazing".

The Bad: Tempting and Talk Derby To Me are, hands down, the worst eyeshadows in the entire palette. Interestingly enough, the two "peach" shades (Just Peach and  Candied Peach) an eyeshadow fanatic would buy this palette for don't perform very well. 

The shades not mentioned are just okay or shades I will not be using much because they don't suite my skin tone.


The palette comes with a Glamour Guide with looks to help you get started. I really like this idea and did the Smoldering Peach look. The result was pretty good!

Glamour Guide. Comes with three looks.

Since the palette is mostly neutral and only contains a few peach-themed shades, I would suggest skipping this palette if you own a lot of neutral eyeshadow palettes already. If you really want a super cute palette that smells like peaches for the novelty factor, I wouldn't tell you to not pick it up, since the shades are pretty good.

One thing you should keep in mind is these shades were tested over a primer, and will not perform well if you don't use primer. If you don't own a primer, you can use sheer foundation on your eyelids as a base. Since the dark shades don't perform too well, you will need to use another palette or other single eyeshadows if you are doing a smokey eye.

I think this palette is great and you should get your hands on one if you have access to it, but it's not worth staying up all night to order or paying more than the retail price for on eBay. I paid BDT 6500/- (around $83) for this, which is the standard price of all Too Faced eyeshadow palettes where I live.

I love the fact that the eyeshadows in this palette cater to most skin tones and are suitable for brown-skinned belles like myself as well as light-skinned beauties.

Packaging and Glamour Guide

I really like this palette and will be using it for neutral looks as well as occasional peachy, Summery looks. Have you picked this up? What are your thoughts on it? Will you be hunting this down or skipping it? Let me know in the comments or on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment