October 26, 2014

Alix Avien Diamond Nail Lacquer Review And Swatches


I was looking for a super shiny creme nail lacquer and luckily found these. I've used Alix Avien before and was impressed with the quality, so I decided this new range of Diamond Nail Lacquers was worth a try.

Here are the claims from the website:
Brush allows easy application and has excellent fast drying formula. Provides even coverage in one coat with opaque version of structure.
 So basically it claims to:
  • Have a good brush for easy application
  • Dry fast
  • Provide even coverage
  • Give full coverage in one coat
Did it live up to the claims? Read on to find out!


Alix Avien Diamond Nail Lacquer Shade 19



This is a hot red with neutral undertones. I wanted a cheaper alternative to OPI Coca Cola Red because I don't see myself wearing this shade of red too often. I applied two coats and no top coat. It did dry fast and was super shiny but did not give full coverage/opacity in two coats. If you want full coverage you will need 3-4 coats and then a quick drying top coat.


Alix Avien Diamond Nail Lacquer Shade 11


This one was my favorite of the bunch. I'm into pinks with neutral undertones lately and this is just perfect. Applied like a dream. I got full coverage in two coats and the polish dried quickly as well. It was super shiny even without a top coat. It was pretty opaque in one coat but I applied two just so it looks evenly applied.


Alix Avien Diamond Nail Lacquer Shade 18


This is the one I had most expectations from and ended up disliking the most. I love pale, peachy shades and this color seemed promising. However, when I applied it, the first layer was pretty sheer and uneven, and after I put on two more coats to get full opacity, my nails became a gloppy mess. If you really like the color, you'll need to apply three coats of it and then use a quick drying top coat. This was also the least shiny.

Claims Revisited
  • Have a good brush for easy application? YES.
  • Dry fast? YES for the pink and red, NO for the peach (takes too many layers).
  • Provide even coverage? YES for the pink and red, NO for the peach.
  • Give full coverage in one coat? YES for the pink, NO for the red and peach.

Recommendation
Overall I would recommend getting the pink from this range, because it truly performed like a nail lacquer should. The red is good too but will take some work. The peach is not worth getting in my opinion. The Alix Avien Diamond Nail Lacquers are available at Almas Super Shop for 250 BDT each. I'll be adding one or two more shades of this to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment